The NHS Rising Star (New for 2020)
This award looks to celebrate younger members of staff, volunteers or members of the public who give up their time, lend their experiences and deliver better services for themselves and others in their area.
We are looking for members of staff, members of local groups, such as local Healthwatches, Maternity Voices Partnerships or lay/patient representatives on NHS boards, who are under 30 years old and who have worked hand in hand with local services to ensure they better meet the needs of those they serve. This award is also open to any one of the thousands of student midwives, nurses and medical students who started their careers early to support the NHS’ response to coronavirus.
This could be through:
- providing critical but constructive feedback on performance;
- donating their time and expertise to the NHS;
- augmenting the NHS’ ability to reach out to different communities; or
- fundraising for new or improved facilities or treatment options.
Questions to be answered when nominating:
- Outline this person’s career/relationship with, or supporting, the NHS
- How have they made the NHS better for patients?
- How have they made the NHS better for past, present and future staff?