The National Health Service Commissioning Board known as NHS England (“Event Partner”) and Political Engagement Limited PEL(part of the Total Politics Group)(“PEL”), together (“we”, “us”, “our”), are responsible as joint data controllers for the processing of personal data you provide when you nominate, are nominated or register for the NHS Parliamentary Awards (“the Awards”). This Privacy Notice aims to inform you on the personal data processing we carry out and on your rights.
The personal data
The Event Partner has requested PEL to help organise and hold the Event.
By nominating or registering for the Awards, you are providing us with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online form.
In the case of group bookings or bookings made on an individual’s behalf, please ensure you have sought the individual’s prior approval to submit their information.
Other people may nominate you for an award and provide us with your contact information as requested in the online registration form.
The personal data collected in the registration and the nomination form is:
- your name;
- your title;
- your job title;
- your organisation;
- your organisation town
- your organisation postal address;
- your organisations region:
- your constituency;
- your work email address;
- your work telephone number;
- your twitter handle (if applicable).
For speakers at jury panels:
- your gender;
- your ethnicity.
The physical filming of the Event as instructed by the Event Partner:
- filming of sessions which maycontain images of you, your presentation, any opinions you contribute and anything that you say about yourself.
In a nomination form, the nominator will be given the option to provide a short description of your personal and career achievements which they believe should be recognised. Once the shortlisted nominees are selected, we will contact you to inform you that you have been shortlisted and will provide a short summary for you to approve which will include any information in the nomination form.
If you have been selected to be a member of our jury panel, your personal data will have been collected during previous events or Awards we have hosted or are available in the public domain. The personal data collected is similar to the data mentioned above.
Purpose of the processing your personal data for the Awards
We will use your personal data to hold the Awards, and this will include to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at the Awards either physically, online streaming, by live broadcast, or a combination of these;
- invite you to the Awards ceremony;
- analyse attendance at and any subsequent communications in relation to the Awards;
- provide you with updates and details relating to the Awards;
- set up judges’ panel;
- handle nominations for the Awards;
- manage delegate, sponsor and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- take photographs and record videos to make a record of the Awards, and to produce promotional material to advertise the Awards and to promote future events; and
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
Legal basis of processing your personal data for the Awards
The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to your attendance at the Awards, and promoting it, is out of necessity for the performance of a contract in which you are a party, which is your registration for the Awards.
The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to your nomination is legitimate interest to consider you for the award category for which you have been nominated.
We may photograph or film some of the Awards, which may feature group shots of event attendees. The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to taking photographs and recording videos of the Awards is legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are in having a record of the Awards and the means to promote the Awards, including in future years.
To the extent that you provide, in the registration form or by subsequent email, special categories of data (including data revealing health or medical details), the legal basis for our processing such information is your consent and our purpose is to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Awards.
Where special categories of data are communicated in nomination forms, the processing only relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by you.
Where you provide us with any information on your dietary requirements in the online registration form you consent for us, the venue and/or the catering provider to process this information for the purpose of providing you with catering services.
Purpose of other processing
We may also use your photograph and/or record the Awards for business and promotional purposes.
Legal basis for other processing
The legal basis relied on by us for communicating marketing to you is legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to promote our business and events that could interest you, and to monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
We share your personal data included in your nomination with your local member of parliament and to members of the jury panel which may include our sponsors. This is based on legitimate interest to run the Awards. The list of the members of the jury panel is available on the Awards website: see here.
Sponsors may use your personal data to congratulate you and send communications that may be of interest. The list of sponsors is available on the Awards website: see here.
A list containing your name, job title and company which you work for may be provided to the Sponsors.
We may communicate your personal data to the venue, caterers, and other subcontractors of the Awards to help in the organisation of the Awards.
PEL may provide your personal data to other companies within the Total Politics Groupfor the purposes set out above, Further information on how PEL holds and treats your personal data can be found at https://www.totalpolitics.com/docs/privacy-policy-PEL
We may provide your personal data to:
- Eventsforce – our online nominations and bookings service provider
- Hubilo – our virtual event platform
- Vimeo – our video sharing platform for online streaming
to the extent necessary to facilitate the Awards and to share video recordings of the Awards with other delegates.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors who provide IT, email, document management, and storage services (including cloud hosting).
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business and legal purposes.
Where we retain your information for events and contract fulfilment, we will retain for the period required by applicable law for legal, tax, and accounting purposes. This will be a minimum of six years.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data;
- you have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay;
- you have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement;
- you have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed;
- you have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on legitimate interests. Please see the unsubscribe link provided in our email marketing or contact us at the address below to object to any of our processing;
- you have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, and to withdraw consent for third party advertising; and
- you have the right to request the transfer of your personal data that you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Please contact us at the addresses below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data.
PEL is part of the Total Politics Group. The Total Politics Group is a global business which means your personal data may be accessed by our group companies or certain service providers from locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). To ensure your personal data is given substantially similar protection as are provided in the EEA the Total Politics Group uses safeguards approved by the European Commission and have in place international data transfer agreements between Total Politics Group’ companies and its service providers where data is transferred outside the EEA.
We are a data controller for your personal data. Our contact details are:
Political Engagement Limited
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices relating to use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information and privacy.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner with registration number Z8858854.
You can also contact:
For more information about how NHS uses your data, please contact the NHS DPO at England.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113